FINAL MUSIC VIDEO

Friday 19 March 2010

Evaluation Question Four - Adobe Photoshop


For my Ancillary tasks to be effective and of a high standard I needed to use a professional piece of software. To create the DVD covers I used Adobe Photoshop which is a very effective photo editing package. It allows you to import photos and you can manipulate them with seemingly endless possibilities. To create my DVD covers I first used Photoshop to create a blank base on which to work with which has the correct measurements for a DVD. Then I began taking images to go with my work and imported them into Photoshop. I began putting the images together as well as adding other logos such as a record label, DVD logo and copyright logo. To add to my work I also chose a certain type of font that would be used throughout my work, with the help of a font website called “Dafont.com.” I decided to choose a graffiti style font that I think suits my work well as it fits with the urban theme of my work. There were also many tools that I used in Photoshop to help make my media product effective. The tools I used included the burn, smudge, sponge, Quick selection tool and the gradient tool. I used the gradient tool to help me create the background, using a silvery colour that was darker and lighter in certain places through the gradient.

No comments:

Post a Comment